Monday, March 25, 2013

Our first assignment in Mainstreet Philanthropy was to fill a brown paper bag with objects that were important to us.  When I went home I had no idea what I was going to bring, what did I hold dear to me that would fit in this tiny bag?  But when the time came I knew exactly what I wanted to bring.  i brought a green penguin keychain.  This keychain was  given to me in the fourth grade by my best friend, she loved that keychain!  So I kept it safe with me.  I also bought a rock that looked like an eye, I would always see this eye and I found it weird so I kept it.


The day we shared our paper bag items we also had to come up with statements that represented what our team was all about.  To say what we were going to do, why we were going to do it, and who we were doing it for.  But what is my team hoping to accomplish?  Our goal is provide certified and qualified assistance for autistic children in the classrooms.

To achieve this we are beginning to research organizations that have this common goal, but I don't know quite what we should expect.  Its going to be intimidating at first but if these organizations are in it for the cause then there will be no intimidation afterwards and that is what I hope:)

No comments:

Post a Comment