Thursday, March 14, 2013

In class we had a guest speaker, he was talking to us about philanthropy.  "What is philanthropy?" I, along with others, asked myself.   He explained to us that philanthropy was the love of humanity, he said that we would embark on a project that would make us understand this definition to the fullest.  He gave us MAD (Make a Difference) Cards, these cards displayed various causes and ideas on charities that went along with this cause.
I learned that there were so many causes that really interested me and narrowing i down to 3 was very difficult.  At the end the decision was made and I was satisfied with the decisions I made, I am excited to be researching and writing about these.  
I hope that I learn the real job of a philanthropist and come to be one by the time the Main Street Philanthropy Program is over.  I hope that the way I begin to view others motivates others to join me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment